The original part of this home was built as a 4-room clapboard cottage. It served as the home of H.W. Proudfoot and his family. The home was heavily damaged by Federal troops in the summer of 1864. Mr. Proudfood rebuilt and remained with Roswell Mills, and in this home, until his death in 1871. In the 1930s the property was purchased by Colonel Harrison Broadwell who made many improvements and renamed it Naylor Hall for his wife's family. Today, Naylor Hall is an events facility.