Mojo Vinyl Records is an independent record store in historic Roswell,...
Mayor's Ride & Roswell Moves! Return April 30th
They see me rollin' ...they skatin'...
If there are two things that Roswell loves, it is getting outside to enjoy our river and award winning parks, and then dining and shopping at our local restaurants and boutiques. At Bike Roswell we wanted to find a way to combine these into one amazing, car free, event for residents and visitors alike. Roswell Moves gives the opportunity to sample all Roswell has to offer. Local organizations and businesses provide activities and fun interactive displays celebrating the best of Roswell, all set along Historic Canton Street with its renowned dining and shopping options. Best of all, Canton Street is closed to cars and open to people to experience it all by wheels or by feet. Here are some of the best ways to spend the day no matter if you choose to roll it or walk it.
Naturally, an event by Bike Roswell, Roswell’s local cycling advocacy organization, has to have some fun on-bike activities planned! That’s why one of the best ways to enjoy Roswell Moves is by bike:
1. MAYOR’S RIDE: For those wanting a full day of activities challenge yourself with this fully supported ride. Routes of 18, 45 and 64 miles take you along Roswell’s best neighborhood routes, tree lined streets and our beautiful river corridor. For additional information on Mayor’s Ride Registration click here.
2. BIKE PARADE: Starting at 11:00AM Canton Street is closed to cars and open to people. We kick things off with a relaxed bike parade from Heart of Roswell Park. Come with your best bike decorations and help us get the party started!
3. KIDS BIKE SAFETY RODEO: Presented by the Historic Roswell Kiwanis, the 20th Kid’s Bike Safety Rodeo will help kids start the ride season off right and safe with this fun and instructional bike rodeo. Kids will get their bikes checked by a REI mechanic, helmets check for proper fit, and practice their handling and safety skills so they can ride safely this spring and summer. All participants receive a free Roswell Moves t-shirt!
4. REI PUMP TRACK: For little and big kids alike the REI pump track brings a taste of Big Creek Park and Roswell’s mountain biking vibe to Canton Street. Use your own bike or try out one of REI’s demo bikes.
5. SAFE CYCLING COURSE: Georgia Bikes, Georgia’s statewide advocacy organization for cycling will have on bike cycling instruction for older riders wanting to improve their bike handling skills and safe cycling knowledge.
Whether two feet or four paws, walking is a great way to enjoy all that Canton Street has to offer. With no cars, it is time to take over the streets and explore the activities, shops, historic houses and more:
1. SHOPPING: Known for its many restaurants, Canton Street is no slouch when it comes to trendy shops and boutiques. Check out boutique clothing shops along the route, grab some freshly pressed vinyl at Mojo Vinyl, or grab your furry friend a treat at The Downtown Pooch.
2. HISTORIC TOUR: Canton Street isn’t just new shops and restaurants, located in Roswell’s Historic District, the street boasts a number of historic homes on and near the route. Tour Roswell’s Smith Plantation home and grounds just across the street (conveniently located near Roswell’s City Hall with ample event parking) and check out these and other highlights using Visit Roswell’s Points of Interest guide.
3. LIVE MUSIC: Enjoy two stages of live music starting with Rock N’ Taco across from Heart of Roswell Park and a second stage north at Woodstock and Canton presented by Mojo Vinyl. Pull up a bar stool, or bring a chair or picnic blanket and enjoy the tunes as they fill the street.
4. FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Whether an ice cream treat from Canton Street’s new Cherried Mary’s Ice Cream Parlor, a Gate City Brewing Co. beverage from one of the Top Job Beverage & Events tents, or outdoor dining at one of Canton Street's many amazing patios you can’t go wrong. Come hungry and thirsty and sample a little bit of everything Canton Street has to offer!
5. GAMES, CRAFTS AND FUN: Local Roswell favorites like Roswell Firelabs, Chattahoochee Nature Center and City of Roswell’s own Creation Station will have educational games, activities and crafts. So will many of the local businesses along the route like Harmony Chiropractic, Roswell Beer Market by Stout Brothers, Bristow Hair Company and more! Roswell’s own Korsi Hot Yoga will lead Yoga in the street, additional safety tips from Roswell’s finest at Roswell Police and Fire Departments and learn more about all the awesome things to do in Roswell from Visit Roswell’s own mobile visitor center, the Roswell Channel.
However you choose to experience Roswell Moves, whether walking, biking, scootering, or skating, we welcome you and all of your friends and family. Come join us Sunday April 30th and enjoy the finest in southern hospitality from Bike Roswell and all of our friends, partners and sponsors for good times right in the heart of Historic Roswell.