Board of Directors for Roswell Convention & Visitors Bureau and Roswell Inc Announces Name Change and New Members
Roswell, GA (July 19, 2018) – A new name has been announced for the governing organization and board of directors that oversees both Roswell’s tourism program, Visit Roswell, and Roswell’s economic development program, Roswell Inc. The new name—Roswell Economic Development and Tourism, Inc.—was announced at the organization’s board meeting on July 18, 2018, and replaces the previous name, Historic Roswell Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors, effective immediately.
The organization will continue to operate the public presence of both the tourism and economic development programs under their respective brand names, Visit Roswell and Roswell Inc.
“Changing our name allows our organization to better and more fully reflect our scope of work while also making our mission clearer to those with whom we do business,” said Ken Davis, board of directors’ president for Roswell Economic Development and Tourism, Inc.
During the same meeting, the board of directors voted to update the organization’s by-laws, which will allow the creation of two new advisory committees—one for tourism and one for economic development. These committees will allow board members with interest in either or both areas to specifically support tourism or economic development initiatives.
The board also voted on new members and renewed several current members. All board members serve three-year terms. The list of 2018-2019 board members is included below; new board members are indicated with an asterisk (*):
- Don Howard, Former Chairman and Regional CEO of Synovus—Chairman
- Ken Davis, Renasant Bank—President
- Lonnie Mimms, Mimms Enterprises —Vice President
- Jeff Petrea, Georgia Power—Vice President
- Bill Hardman, Southeast Tourism Society—Vice President
- Nancy Tolbert-Yilmaz, Tolbert Yilmaz School of Dance—Treasurer
- Zach Henderson, A.I.A., Inc.—Honorary Chairman Emeritus
- Anita Farley, Georgia Ensemble Theatre*
- Alex Kaufman, Kaufman & Forman, P.C.
- Alex Paulson, Randall-Paulson Architects
- Branch Sinkule, Kimberly-Clark*
- Brendan Walsh, Lehigh Homes & Development
- Chris Nelson, Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Christina DeVictor, Roswell Collective
- Dave Schmit, Schmit + Associates
- Kevin Bryant, Canton Place Development*
- Kevin Head, Roswell First Baptist Church*
- John Davidson, GM Innovation Center*
- Jon-Paul Croom, WellStar North Fulton Hospital*
- Juliette Johnson, Roswell Historical Society
- Mark Goodman, Gas South
- Michael Curling, New Kent Capital
- Mike Hampton, Choate Construction
- Pat Rains, Gate City Brewing*
- Ron Buckley, Brixmor Property Group*
- Ryan Pernice, RO Hospitality
- Sunny Bailey, Naylor Hall*
“We have enjoyed a strong partnership with the City of Roswell since 1991 and are excited about the ways in which these changes will allow us to continue to grow and expand our work in the coming years,” said Davis.